Wednesday, July 21, 2010

done in class :)

CLASS EXERCISE 2: Tribal work.


As a team, we felt that through this excerices equality was very important to us therefore we decided to base our logo around this. Our name is A-Teen, as we are all 18 and all of our names begin with the letter A.


CLASS EXERCISE 1






























































































Flower/Plant
I didn't find creating a flower out of these shapes too difficult. I used triangular shapes to represent the petals, and as there was only one square I decided to use that for the stamen (middle part of flower).

Face
For the face, I decided to create hair, as well as facial features. I used the two larger triangles for the hair, two small triangles for the eyes, a square for the nose and another large triangle for the mouth.

Action Man
To create an action man I wanted to make something that looked like it was fighting. In order to do this I made his arms look as though he was ready to fight! I think this 'action man' looks like a karate fighter :)

Animal
For my animal I decided to make a turtle. I used both triangles to create the body, and the smaller triangles for the arms and legs, and a square for the head.

Appliance
I decided to make a kettle for my appliance as with the shapes we were given I felt this would be the easiest thing to create. I made the body from two large triangles, a lid from two smaller triangles, a handle from another small triangle and the stout from a square and a parallelogram.

SUMMARY OF TASK
I found this task really fun, and really enjoyed creating all the different shapes into specific things. I think it's a great way to create a logo by using simple, solid shapes.











































No comments:

Post a Comment