Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road Signs




I found this exercise quite challenging, as it is extremely hard to show something with just a symbol - that everyone can recognise.

I choose to use a traffic light to symbolise the red light district. It is a very simple idea, however isn't straight to the point and therefore people may be confused as to what it means.

For the soccer pitch, i simply created a soccer goal and a ball. I think this symbol would work quite well.

For the low gravity area, i showed lots of people floating! - Not sure how well it would work...

I choose to draw some low flying birds - to be very literal with this symbol.

For the fun run, i drew someone running in a 'fun' way!

I think my cinema symbol is the best one. It's a world recognised and clearly demonstrates a cinema.

For the fashion shop i drew a simple dress - it's not completely obvious but it does get the point across.

For wet paint i showed a tear drop to represent that it's wet and a paint brush to show paint. I think symbol is also quite successful as it's simple and easy to understand.

And finally for the big surf symbol i created some large waves. Again this symbol is very simple and however i'm not sure the meaning is completely clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment